Are you a natural problem solver?
Be a master of innovative automotive technology.
Become a BMW Technician
BMW Technicians dictate customer experience. They are the technology experts who complete repairs and troubleshoot issues to make customers truly happy. BMW Technicians work in our state-of-the-art workshops and receive ongoing training on BMW technology and innovations. Successful BMW Technicians are motivated and passionate about BMWs and enjoy the challenge of working on technologically brilliant vehicles. BMW Technicians are kept on the leading-edge of the industry’s advances through ongoing training.
BMW Technician Race Crew Program
The BMW Technician Race Crew program was created to recognize high-quality, talented BMW technicians while increasing employee engagement and retention. Technicians are nominated by their center managers based on performance, community volunteerism and their mentoring of other technicians at their respective center.
“To be able to help out with the cars that drew most of us into the field is something of a dream come true,” said Bruce Beyer, technician at BMW of Devon. “The guys from BimmerWorld were great. They put us to work right away and really made us feel like part of the team. To be able to closely look at and touch what can only be described as the artwork of BMW Motorsport is something that will never leave my mind.”
BMW Technician Responsibilities
Successful BMW Technicians are passionate about BMWs and enjoy the challenge of working on cutting edge vehicles. Responsibilities will include:
- Perform work as described on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with BMW factory and BMW Center standards.
- Diagnose the cause of vehicle malfunctions and recommend/perform appropriate repairs. With this knowledge, BMW Technicians become true product experts.
- Examine vehicles to identify necessary repair or maintenance items that may not be included on the repair order and communicate to Service Advisor.
- Communicate with the Parts Department to obtain needed parts.
- Notify Group Leader and/or Service Advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined on repair order is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed by the time promised.
- Clearly and accurately document all work performed.
- Road test vehicles as required, or refer to the inspection technician as appropriate.
- Attend and successfully complete factory training as required by BMW Center.
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Follow warranty material disposition procedures.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
BMW Technician Salary and Benefits
Many dealers offer these benefits to BMW Technicians:
- Insurance, vacation and retirement
- Center employee lease for eligible roles
- Ongoing training to keep you current on the latest technological advances
BMW Technicians work independently and operate like mini businesses within the workshop. The more skilled and efficient they become, the more earning potential they have.
The automobile business is in an exciting and transformational time, and BMW is leading the way! If you have auto repair experience and want to enjoy the perks of working for one of the world’s most recognized brands, we’d love to hear from you. Search and apply today!